The Prime Minister of Japan, Sanae Takaichi, confirmed the death of 13 people fo...

Verdict: TRUE

Verdict details

Confidence: 70%

Evidence quality: MEDIE

**What was analyzed:** The news article reports on the effects of the 7.1 magnitude earthquake that occurred in Kumamoto Prefecture, Japan, including the number of casualties, evacuations, mobilization of response forces, and damages at the Aeon mall. **What sources confirm:** International sources confirm the death of 13 people (announced by Prime Minister Sanae Takaichi), the evacuation of approximately 10,000 people to emergency centers, the suspension of Shinkansen high-speed trains, and the explosion followed by partial collapse at the Aeon mall in Kashima. **Limitations:** The mobilization of 4,600 members of the Defense Forces could not be confirmed, nor the specific details regarding the deployment of exactly 170 soldiers to the mall, 480 police officers, or the exact number of canceled flights by JAL and ANA. **Conclusion:** (Source quality: STRONG)

Sources consulted

SourceDomainDateWhat it says
13 Dead in Kumamoto Earthquake: Japan PM Takaichinewkerala.com2026-07-293 hours ago - Japan PM Sanae Takaichi confirms 13 fatalities in the 2026 Kumamoto earthquake. Rescue operations continue amid widespread damage.
13 Confirmed Dead in Japan's Kumamoto After Earthquake: Prime Ministercambodianess.com2026-07-29TOKYO, July 29 (Xinhua) -- Japanese Prime Minister Sanae Takaichi said Wednesday that the government has confirmed 13 people died after a powerful
PM Takaichi: 13 confirmed dead in Japan's Kumamoto after quakechinadailyhk.com2026-07-28This aerial image shows AEON Mall, which was destroyed by an explosion following an earthquake, in Kashima, Kumamoto prefecture, on July 29, 2026.
13 dead after powerful quake strikes Japan's Kumamotonews.cgtn.com2026-07-29Japanese Prime Minister Sanae Takaichi said on Wednesday that 13 people had been confirmed dead after a powerful earthquake struck Kumamoto Prefecture in southw
Kumamoto disaster leaves at least 13 dead, Takaichi saysjapantimes.co.jp2026-07-29SHARE/SAVE XFacebookLinkedInRedditBlueskyThreadsEmailPrintImage 11: Bookmark storyBookmark storyCopy link Jul 29, 2026 Video 1 Listen to this article 7 min also
Japan Races to Reach People Trapped After Earthquake Kills at Least 13nytimes.com2026-07-28“Arduous rescue operations are still underway,” Governor Takashi Kimura of Kumamoto said at a meeting about the disaster, held just after midnight on Wednesday.
Several dead in Japan after magnitude 7.1 earthquake causes blast at mallaljazeera.com2026-07-28Live Live News|Earthquakes # Several dead in Japan after magnitude 7.1 earthquake causes blast at mall PM Sanae Takaichi urges people ‘to remain vigilant for th
Japan Earthquake: Death Toll Rises to 13 in Kumamoto as PM Sanae Takaichi Orders Urgent Rescue Operations | Outlook Indiaoutlookindia.com2026-07-29Sanae Takaichi, Japan Prime Minister, first female PM Japan, LDP Sanae Takaichi, Japan Prime Minister, first female PM Japan, LDP The death toll from the 7.1-ma

Recommended next steps

Analysis limitations

View full analysis on Justificat.ro

How to cite this

In-text citation: Justificat.ro, „The Prime Minister of Japan, Sanae Takaichi, confirmed the death of 13 people following the 7.1 magnitude earthquake in ", 2026-07-29, https://justificat.ro/en/analysis/60f72a8d-d9b6-4ed1-8081-db84cb10e7c0

Permanent link: https://justificat.ro/en/analysis/60f72a8d-d9b6-4ed1-8081-db84cb10e7c0

License: Verdicts and aggregate figures may be quoted freely with attribution and a link to Justificat.ro.

← Justificat.ro