Oradea ieri, Oradea azi: De la Hala Comercială la Facultatea de Medicină (FOTO)
The Oradea Chamber of Commerce merged with the Commercial Association in 1891, leading to the construction of a new building for trade and education. Designed by architects Phann and Gaál, the eclectic structure was completed in 1894 and hosted various events, including concerts and exhibitions. After nationalization in 1948, it served different purposes, including as a regional party headquarters and later as a cultural center. Since 1991, it has housed the University of Oradea's Faculty of Medicine and Pharmacy, but it is currently in a state of disrepair. A comprehensive renovation is planned to restore the building and repurpose its spaces for educational use.